July 31, 2010 - 4 Seasons Recreational Club Monthly Meeting
Secretaryís report was approved as read on a Mick/Dennis motion.
Treasurerís report was approved as read on a Patti/Willard motion.
The bill allowing UTV use on trails passed at the state level. The town will be voting on UTV use on local trails.
Jon reported that the Conservation Committee will be recommending that the town board approve the use of UTVs also.
The trails have been groomed to recover from the washout left by recent rainfall. We need to add gravel to a few areas to
prevent this from reoccurring. Jon suggested we talk to the town about doing some additional grading near the trail leading
to the Chipmunk as this area continues to be affected the most by weather.
Jon suggested we move the timber before Food and Fun. He will arrange for this to be done. He will also talk to Mark about
painting the drag before winter.
Wascott Tourism and Development has formed a committee of two to get bids for graveling the Recreational Parking area.
Patti reported that the club was awarded a state ATV grant in the amount of $2,680 toward completing the Recreational Parking
lot. The amount was based on the original proposal that was submitted with the grant. This grant works a little different in
that the club will be responsible for paying all the bills. The balance, up to $2,680, will be paid by the DNR from the grant.
We do not get the entire amount unless we need it. Mark Schroder from the DNR suggested that we may wish to make some modifications
such as graveling the path that connects the parking area to the trail, as this wasnít included in the original proposal, or changing
the depth of the gravel to accommodate the amount that has been allocated by the DNR. We may also need to make modifications because
the original proposal which calculated the amount needed to complete the project was based on anticipated donations from various groups.
To date, not all of the pledges have been received, and some have groups have modified or withdrawn their pledge.
The 4 Seasons Rec Club became involved in the Recreational Parking because we are a 501c3 organization which is required to
qualify for grants. Patti has already donated a significant amount of time to completing the project. Since our club is
responsible for the grant, a Mick/Mikki motion was passed that Patti continue her work on behalf of the club until the lot
is graveled and the project complete.
Debbie received the pre-buy notice from Como. Charles volunteered to contact them to negotiate the price.
Tim reported that the STEP program has been put on hold until after the elections. The Governorís Council has approved new
rates for equipment. Labor rates have stayed the same. Tim will get updated information to us when it is finalized. We were approved
to receive additional funding for the trail from the Stop-A-Sec to the Chipmunk. He is unsure of the additional amount at this time.
State approved ATV maps for next year.
Meat raffle sign up for August and September.
A Debbie/Mick motion was passed to donate a gift valued at approximately $25 to Septemberfest.
There is a memorial for Tom Nelson at the Antler Inn on Sunday at 2:00 for everyone who would like to attend.
There was discussion about how the club should handle memorials. In the event of the death of a club member,
a plant up to a $40 value will be sent as a memorial. In the event of an illness of a club member or death of
a relative of a club member, a sympathy card will be sent. The treasurer will assume this responsibility.
Barb Wickland donated $40 to the club for use of the tables.
Food and Fun door prize tickets will be printed. Last year we used 585, so this year we will have 700 tickets printed.
We ran out of door prizes last year at 5:15. Members are asked to start collecting door prizes as we donít have many.
We have 12 boards which should be sufficient. We received 2 new banners from NW Beverage. We need 75 cakes for the cake walk.
Some of the club members have volunteered to help bake. Patti reviewed notes from after last yearís Food and Fun and will inventory
paper products and other supplies. Beer has been ordered and food will be prepared prior to the event as it has been in the past.
Charles has volunteered to color code trails on a map for the Conservation Committee, so they can take to the town board to
assist them in approving additional trails. The original trail that was requested by the club will be one color, and trails
requested by individual citizens will be marked in a different color. Charles, Tim and Jon will do this after the meeting.
A Doris/Dennis motion passed to purchase a book of raffle tickets from the Get-R-Done club.
Meeting was adjourned at 11:00 on Dennis/Mike Motion.